The Jazz Gallery, founded in 1995 by Roy Hargrove and Dale Fitzgerald, has relocated from 290 Hudson Street to right here in the neighborhood at 1160 Broadway (5th Floor, at 27th Street). The nonprofit jazz space features affordable live performances from a diverse group of talented jazz musicians. Timeout NY has called the prior Jazz Gallery “The best place to hear live music in New York.” Hopefully that magic will continue in the new space.
The Jazz Gallery will actually be sharing the new spot with Salt Space, who has been in the 1800 square foot space for a few years running their own music and art programming.
Here is the opening schedule at the new location:
- Darius Jones Mæ’bul Quartet: Thursday, January 17th, 2013
- Pedro Giraudo Jazz Orchestra: Friday, January 18th, 2013 & Saturday, January 19th, 2013
- Alex Brown: Thursday, January 24th, 2013
- Linda Oh Quartet: Friday, January 25th, 2013
- Roman Filiu: Saturday, January 26th, 2013
- Melissa Aldana Quartet “Second Cycle”: Thursday, January 31st, 2013
- Adam Larson: Friday, February 1st, 2013
- Jason Palmer: Saturday, February 2nd, 2013
- The Bridge Trio: Thursday, February 21st, 2013
- Alan Ferber Big Band: Friday, February 22nd, 2013 & Saturday, February 23rd, 2013
Here is a video from a jazz set by Ben Wendel at the old Jazz Gallery: