Doughnut shop Dough bakery just opened a flagship location in the Flatiron at 14 West 19th Street (between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue). The cult favorite doughnuts started out at the Brooklyn Flea, then a shop was opened in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, and now they have a big operation here in the neighborhood. They were so […]
Entries for the ‘Restaurants & Food’ Category
We get word via twitter that Cosme (35 East 21st Street) soft opened last night, and will officially open Tuesday, October 28th. You can try to get your same day reservation this week by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ok so to back up, Cosme is a restaurant featuring Mexican-inspired cuisine using local and seasonal ingredients. It’s the creation of star Mexico City chef Enrique Olvera that has been all of the talk in the NYC restaurant world since it was first announced to open in our neighborhood.
The menu is not yet available but will eventually be here: http://cosmenyc.com/menu.html
It’s another great addition to the neighborhood. Once MadParkNews gets in to eat at Cosme we will report back.
(Image via Cosme Facebook Page)
Caffe Benne is set to open in Nomad at 246 5th Avenue (at 28th Street). The rapidly expanding cafe chain already has locations all over the city and country, but they nabbed a prime corner spot in the developing Nomad neighborhood, which also gets a hearty flow of tourists walking between the Empire State Building […]
Get your Shack fix while you can. The Madison Square Park Shake Shack (the original) is closing Tuesday October 14th until what looks to be next summer! It is closing for renovations to the interior and exterior.
Today they are doing a limited edition burger by Italian chef Massimo Bottura (three Michelin stars, currently ranked third in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards) called The Emilia Burger. The Emila is a “custom-blend Pat LaFrieda beef patty ground with parmigiano reggiano, topped with cotechino sausage, salsa verde and Villa Manodori balsamic mayonnaise made with Chef Bottura’s Villa Manodori Artigianale balsamic vinegar”.
Hurry though, they will only be serving 1000 and only at Madison Square Park. You can still get the regular menu if you miss the limited edition burger.
The 9th Annual Shacktoberfest at Shake Shack in Madison Squarer Park is underway and runs through October 12th. Shacktoberfest features special menu items.[caption id="" align="alignright" width="280"] Via ShakeShack.com[/caption]
Here is the menu:
- Brat Burger: 100% all-natural Angus beef burger topped with a flat-top griddled bacon cheddar-stuffed bratwurst, crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and ShackSauce ($7.50)
- Currywurst: Bavarian Brat topped with crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and curry ketchup ($4.95)
- Bavarian Brat: Griddled bratwurst topped with German-style slaw ($4.95)
- Bacon Cheddar Brat: Griddled bacon cheddar-stuffed bratwurst ($4.95)
- German Chocolate Walnut Concrete: Chocolate frozen custard blended with coconut-walnut caramel and chocolate truffle cookie dough (Single: $4.30 | Double: $6.55)
- Apfelstrudel Shake: Vanilla frozen custard hand-spun with apples, caramel and spices ($5.75)
All bratwursts are from Schaller & Weber. You can also pick up a commemorative 25 ounce Shake Shack Bier Stein for $10 which includes a beer and can be refilled for $7.