Florist Park Avenue Floratique is out of business at their spot just north of Madison Square Park at 226 5th Avenue between 26th and 27th streets. Between this location and their prior one on Park Avenue South, the florist had been serving the area for 17 years. The flowers they had in the back were extremely high quality and made into beautiful arrangements. Unfortunately it was hard to even know about the florist part of the shop as it was way in the back of the store. The front was a random collection of trinkets, a gelato stand, and more. It’s a shame because most people probably did not know there was such a lovely flower shop in the back.
Entries for the ‘Shopping’ Category
A 7-Eleven has opened at 182 5th Avenue (between 22nd and 23rd street) in the old Deli Marche spot. Interestingly, another 7-Eleven went in about a year and a half ago just a few blocks up at 224 5th Avenue just north of Madison Square Park (between 26th and 27th Street). Whatever you think about another 7-Eleven, I do know the one up the street was a lifesaver during hurricane Sandy with their free charging stations (they were one of the few in the neighborhood with power).
New York Magazine put out it’s Best of New york 2013 edition, and the Flatiron and Madison Square Park neighborhoods took home lots of awards. Here they are:
- Best Jewelry: The Bar at BaubleBar (230 Fifth Avenue, between 26th and 27th Street)
- Best Chocolate Babka: Breads Bakery (18 East 16th Street)
- Best Bang Experts: Butterfly Bang Bar (149 Fifth Avenue near 21st Street
- Best Veggie Burger: The City Bakery (3 West 18th Street)
- Best Juice: Creative Juice at Equinox
- Best Eco-Fashion: Embody at ABC Carpet & Home
- Best Korean Spicy Ramyun: Hanjan (30 West 26th Street)
- Best Jazz Den: The Jazz Gallery (1160 Broadway at 27th Street)
- Best Mocktails: The Library Bar at the Nomad (1170 Broadway at 28th Street)
- Best Grits: Maysville (17 West 26th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue)
- Best Kid’s Museum: MoMath (11 E. 26th Street between Madison and 5th Avenue)
- Best Sporting Goods Store: Nike Running Store (156 5th Avenue near 21st Street)
- Best Roast Chicken: the Nomad (1170 Broadway at 28th Street)
- Best Flower Delivery: Ode à la Rose (120 W. 28 Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue)
- Best Cutlet: Ootoya 8 West 18th Street (near 5th Avenue)
- Best Pisco Bar: Raymi (43 West 24th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue)
The first ever Nicole Miller Sample Sale runs all week at 260 5th Avenue (between 28th and 29th Street) with sportswear, evening wear, cocktail dresses, day dresses, bridal and accessories at up to 80% off.
Here is the schedule:
TUESDAY, March 26th: 10AM-7PM
WEDNESDAY, March 27th: 10AM-8PM
THURSDAY, March 28th: 10AM-8PM
FRIDAY, March 29th: 11AM-7PM
SATURDAY, March 30th: 10AM-5PM
According to the Commercial Observer, French children’s clothing line Jacadi will be opening up a store at 911 Broadway in the Flatiron between 20th and 21st Street.They are wisely getting in as more and more residential buildings go up in the Flatiron and Madison Square Park area, and more people in these buildings have young [...]
The Diptyque Candle and Fragrance Sample Sale starts today at 225 5th Avenue (between 26th and 27th Street) and the rain has not prevented people from lining up down the block to get their hands on some scented candles. Diptyque, from Paris, is known for their luxury scented candles, perfume, and more.
Here is the schedule:
- Wednesday, February 27th: 10am-5pm
- Thursday, February 28th: 11am-8pm
- Friday, March 1st: 9am-3pm