Breakfast and lunch spot tbsp (17 West 20th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues) is starting up dinner service today. The neighborhood favorite will serve up what they do best – casual New American dishes using fresh and local ingredients. We are a huge fan of brunch at tbsp and truth be told, didn’t want to mention it on here a few years ago because we went there for brunch a lot, and loved that it was still kind of a secret and we could walk right in. But now the weekends are packed and we are looking forward to having dinner there. It’s great to have another reasonably priced dinner option in the neighborhood serving up amazing food.
tbsp and Spoon Catering are the creation of Melissa Chmela.
Here are some of the items on the new dinner menu (See full menu here):
Market table toast – grilled bread smothered with fresh local ricotta & our most favorite seasonal ingredients
- Cheesy artichoke dip – served with grilled bread
- Fried Artichoke – fried lemons & capers
- Pan seared salmon – house made green harissa, red quinoa pilaf & sautéed winter greens
- Beer braised pork shoulder – pico de gallo, arroz verde & simmered black beans
- Cumin roasted broccoli & cauliflower
- Mushroom papardelle – crisp roasted shiitake mushrooms, tuscan kale, fresh ricotta & chili flakes
They also have a full wine list and specialty cocktail menu. Trying dinner at tbsp is at the top of our list, and if it is anything like brunch, you should definitely get over there for dinner and drinks too!