Apple made some big announcements yesterday, and fortunately we have the local Apple experts at Tekserve (119 West 23rd Street between 6th and 7th Avenue) to give us the highlights on the new iPhone 5S.
To follow is a quick summary but be sure to read their full analysis, iPhone 5s Leaves Its Imprint.
- Colors: The new iPhone will come in three colors – silver, a new “space gray,” and gold.
- Speed: The 64-bit A7 processor will improve speed and graphics, coming in at twice as fast as the iPhone 5 processor.
- Motion co-processor: A motion-detecting co-processor can measure walking, running, and other physical activities, opening up a new world of apps around fitness and activity.
- Camera: The iPhone 5S camera will have a better lens, a new dual-LED flash, and be capable of burst mode and slow-motion video.
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint sensor gives you added phone security, and takes away the need for entering your Apple ID password.
The new iPhone 5S will be available from Tekserve as of September 20th. Contact Tekserve for more info.Tekserve gives us their take on the new iPhone 5S,